Hi everyone, Audrey here with a fun card to share with you today. Now that New Year's is over, it's time to start thinking ahead to our next holiday, Valentine's Day.
I always love making hand-made cards for Valentine's. Think it reminds me of cutting out paper hearts and doilies when I was a young child. And as you can see, I still like to add hearts and doilies now. Paired with Donna's fabulous Spellbinder dies and her Spring in Bloom 8x8 paper, the combination makes for one sweet Valentine.
Started my card with a base of Artistic Paper and three panels of stitched Spring in Bloom paper. Added lace and a paper doily to the center, followed by lots of visual detail in the form of layers of frames and tags die cut from Donna's Creative Book Pages Two dies. Edged all my pieces with Chiffon Mixed Media Inx to add definition to the individual layers.
For the focal point of my card, I created a pleated rosette from the Spring in Bloom Springtime Ribbons paper topped with a scalloped sticker and a chipboard heart coated in Fairy Dust Glitter. Added a banner sentiment, vintage buttons, and a touch of seam binding for the finishing touch.
- DSD 8x8 Spring in Bloom Collection Pad for GCD Studios
- DSD Springtime Ribbons Spring in Bloom Paper for GCD Studios
- DSD Artistic Paper for GCD Studios
- DSD Creative Book Pages Two Dies for Spellbinders
- DSD Chiffon Mixed Media Inx for Clearsnap
- DSD Fairy Dust Glitter for Clearsnap
- Glue Gloss by Clearsnap
- Making Memories Dimensional Sticker and Chipboard
- Melissa Frances Cardstock Sticker
- Deb's Simple Treasures Seam Binding
- Doily, Vintage Lace and Buttons
Posted by Audrey: visit my blog